- when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe.
- Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment
- when first opening the tube, peel off the foil seal
- apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night and in the morning or after each bowel movement
- intrarectal use: remove the cover from the applicator, attach applicator to tube, lubricate applicator well and gently insert the applicator into the rectum, thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace the cover
- also apply ointment to the external area
- regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor